• If you have a 1" filter in your furnace it needs to be replaced every month, even in the summer time
when you're running your air conditioning unit. Including filters that claim to last up to 3 months.
• Installing a programmable thermostat can save you 10% on your energy bill
• All of your heating, cooling, humidifying, purifying equipment should have annual preventive
• Do not close or block any supply or return vents
• Turn the temperature down on your hot water tank to save energy and increase efficiency
How do I know that the contractor checking or servicing my equipment is qualified in carbon monoxide testing and repair?
The contractor must:
- Have a digital carbon monoxide analyzer.
- Inform you that carbon monoxide testing is part of their regular service.
- Have carbon monoxide testing listed on their work ticket or invoice.
- Ask you if you have other appliances to be tested.
- Test the space and each appliance specifically.
- Show you actual readings that they take.
- Be listed with C-MAC or have proof of approved training